Terms and conditions
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE. All users of this site agree that access to and use of this site are subject to the following terms and conditions and other applicable law. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not use this site.
The entire content included in this site, including but not limited to text, graphics or code is copyrighted as a collective work under the Federal Republic of Nigeria and other copyright laws, and is the property of GRAND OAK LIMITED. The collective work includes works that are licensed to GRAND OAK LIMITED. Copyright 2012, GRAND OAK LIMITED ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Permission is granted to electronically copy and print hard copy portions of this site for the sole purpose of placing an order with GRAND OAK LIMITED or purchasing GRAND OAK LIMITED products. You may display and, subject to any expressly stated restrictions or limitations relating to specific material, download or print portions of the material from the different areas of the site solely for your own non-commercial use, or to place an order with GRAND OAK LIMITED or to purchase GRAND OAK LIMITED products. Any other use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of the content of this site is strictly prohibited, unless authorized by GRAND OAK LIMITED, You further agree not to change or delete any proprietary notices from materials downloaded from the site.
All trademarks, service marks and trade names of GRAND OAK LIMITED used in the site are trademarks or registered trademarks of GRAND OAK LIMITED
This site and the materials and products on this site are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, GRAND OAK LIMITED disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. GRAND OAK LIMITED does not represent or warrant that the functions contained in the site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that the defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes the site available are free of viruses or other harmful components. GRAND OAK LIMITED does not make any warrantees or representations regarding the use of the materials in this site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, adequacy, usefulness, timeliness, reliability or otherwise. Some states do not permit limitations or exclusions on warranties, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
Limitation of Liability
GRAND OAK LIMITED shall not be liable for any special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials on this site or the performance of the products, even if GRAND OAK LIMITED has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Applicable law may not allow the limitation of exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
In the event that a GRAND OAK LIMITED product is mistakenly listed at an incorrect price, GRAND OAK LIMITED reserves the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price. GRAND OAK LIMITED reserves the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit/debit card charged. If your credit/debit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, GRAND OAK LIMITED shall issue a credit to your credit/debit card account in the amount of the incorrect price.
These terms and conditions are applicable to you upon your accessing the site and/or completing the registration or shopping process. These terms and conditions, or any part of them, may be terminated by GRAND OAK LIMITED without notice at any time, for any reason. The provisions relating to Copyrights, Trademark, Disclaimer, Limitation of Liability, Indemnification and Miscellaneous, shall survive any termination.
GRAND OAK LIMITED may deliver notice to you by means of e-mail, a general notice on the site, or by other reliable method to the address you have provided to GRAND OAK LIMITED.
Your use of this site shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA without regard to choice of law provisions, and not by the 1980 U.N. Convention on contracts for the international sale of goods. You agree that jurisdiction over and venue in any legal proceeding directly or indirectly arising out of or relating to this site (including but not limited to the purchase of GRAND OAK LIMITED products) shall be in the state or federal courts located in Lagos State of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Any cause of action or claim you may have with respect to the site (including but not limited to the purchase of GRAND OAK LIMITED products) must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises. GRAND OAK LIMITED’s; failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these terms and conditions shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between the parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any of these terms and conditions. GRAND OAK LIMITED may assign its rights and duties under this Agreement to any party at any time without notice to you.
Use of Site
Harassment in any manner or form on the site, including via e-mail, chat, or by use of obscene or abusive language, is strictly forbidden. Impersonation of others, including a GRAND OAK LIMITED or other licensed employee, host, or representative, as well as other members or visitors on the site is prohibited.
You may not upload to, distribute, or otherwise publish through the site any content which is libelous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, illegal, or otherwise objectionable which may constitute or encourage a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party or which may otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law. You may not upload commercial content on the site or use the site to solicit others to join or become members of any other commercial online service or other organization.
GRAND OAK LIMITED does not and cannot review all communications and materials posted to or created by users accessing the site, and is not in any manner responsible for the content of these communications and materials. You acknowledge that by providing you with the ability to view and distribute user-generated content on the site, GRAND OAK LIMITED is merely acting as a passive conduit for such distribution and is not undertaking any obligation or liability relating to any contents or activities on the site. However, GRAND OAK LIMITED reserves the right to block or remove communications or materials that it determines to be (a) abusive, defamatory, or obscene, (b) fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading, (c) in violation of a copyright, trademark or; other intellectual property right of another or (d) offensive or otherwise unacceptable to GRAND OAK LIMITED in its sole discretion.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless GRAND OAK LIMITED, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers (collectively the "Service Providers") from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of these terms and conditions or any activity related to your account (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person accessing the site using your Internet account.
In an attempt to provide increased value to our visitors, GRAND OAK LIMITED may link to sites operated by third parties. However, even if the third party is affiliated with GRAND OAK LIMITED, GRAND OAK LIMITED has no control over these linked sites, all of which have separate privacy and data collection practices, independent of GRAND OAK LIMITED. These linked sites are only for your convenience and therefore you access them at your own risk. Nonetheless, GRAND OAK LIMITED seeks to protect the integrity of its web site and the links placed upon it and therefore requests any feedback on not only its own site, but for sites it links to as well (including if a specific link does not work).
USER GENERATED CONTENT SUBMISSION RELEASE
This User Generated Content Submission Release ("Release"), is made between you, the Website user ("You," "you," "Your," "I," and "your"), and GRAND OAK LIMITED (GOL). This release governs the use and control by user generated content submitted to GOL by you.
1. You agree to provide GOL user generated content, defined as, and without limitation, creative or original concepts, ideas, materials or products, digital or film still photographs, drawings, writings, spoken statements, music, audio, video, video recordings, audio-visual works and recordings, slides, presentations, portraits, animated and/or motion pictures, caricatures, likenesses, vocal or other sounds, sound recordings, voices, voice reproductions, computer graphics and visual effects, as well as any accompanying documentation, packaging or other materials, tangible or intangible, and all derivative works, translations, adaptations, performances, broadcast, webcast, digital streams, or variations of same, regardless of the tangible medium, broadcast medium, format or form, now known or developed or discovered in the future, and regardless of where produced, whether on location, in a studio or elsewhere, in black-and-white or in color, alone or in conjunction with other work, characters, real or imaginary, or the like in any part of the world ("Submission(s)"), under the terms and conditions stated in this Release. You acknowledge that you have received adequate consideration for your Submission that includes potential publicity, personal, and promotional value to you from GOL.
2. Under the terms of this Release, you grant GOL and any of its third-party service providers, advertisers, marketing, and promotional partners ("Released Parties") a fully-paid up, unqualified, unrestricted, unconditional, unlimited, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable, assignable, and royalty free authorization, license, and permission to use any Submission, ideas, expression of ideas or other materials you submit for any lawful purpose whatsoever, including, without limitation, the right to sub-license, merchandise, create or prepare derivative works, transfer, reproduce, edit, modify, adapt, arrange, re-arrange, improve, correct, translate, update, upgrade, film, record, post, establish affiliation with or endorsement of GOL products and services, distribute via computer, Internet, or mobile device ("License"). Subject to existing laws, you waive any moral rights that you or your licensors may have in any Submission. GOL may not respond to you regarding your Submission, and your Submission will not be returned to you and will not be treated as confidential information. You understand and acknowledge that Released Parties may have knowledge of the same or a similar idea contained in or related to your Submission, and that Released Parties may know of such idea from other sources, internal sources, or Submissions, and that Released Parties may simply wish to develop these ideas or similar ideas on its own or it may currently be developing such ideas.
3. You further understand that the use and exploitation of the Submission may subject you to risk of notoriety, publicity, ridicule, scorn and/or indignity. Under no circumstances will the Released Parties be held liable or responsible to you for the subject matter or content of the Submission for the authorized or unauthorized use, editing, viewing, broadcast, publication, distribution, manipulation, and/or duplication of the Submission. You understand and agree that you have no right to approve or control the manner in which the Submission may be used or displayed.
4. You represent and warrant the following:
4.1. You own, or have unencumbered, all applicable transferable rights, releases, consents, waivers and permissions, including, without limitation, digital rights, rights of publicity, to the Submission that you submit, the Submission does not infringe any third party's intellectual property rights, including, without limitation, patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or any other proprietary right, that the Submission has not been assigned, licensed, or sold to another third party, and the Submission does not violate any law or regulation or the terms of any third-party agreement.
4.2. The Submission does not contain subject matter that is offensive, indecent, illegal, pornographic, sexually explicit, harassing, threatening, tortious, abusive, hateful, embarrassing, offensive or harmful to another individual or entity and does not contain material showing or suggesting irresponsible alcohol consumption, persons under the legal drinking age, aberrational behavior, graphic violence, or drug abuse, and does not defame, invade the privacy of, or infringe upon or violate any rights of any kind whatsoever of any individual or entity.
4.3. The Submission does not contain subject matter or content that is subject to any obligation of confidentiality.
5. YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT MAKE ANY CLAIM OR ACTION, OR ALLOW OR AUTHORIZE ANY THIRD PARTY TO MAKE ANY CLAIM OR ACTION ON BEHALF OF YOU, WITH RESPECT TO THE SUBMISSION AGAINST THE RELEASED PARTIES. YOU HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT LOSSES, CLAIMS, DAMAGES, ACTIONS, DEMANDS, CAUSES OF ACTION, COSTS OR EXPENSES, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES, NO MATTER HOW CAUSED, ARISING OUT OF OR OTHERWISE RELATING IN ANY WAY TO ANY BREACH OR ALLEGED BREACH BY YOU OF THE AFFIRMATIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, UNDERTAKINGS, OR OBLIGATIONS OF THIS RELEASE, OR AS A RESULT OF THE BROADCAST, DISPLAY, DISSEMINATION, OR ANY USE WHATSOEVER OF THE SUBMISSION FOR ANY PURPOSE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CLAIM OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT, INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR RIGHT OF PUBLICITY, AND YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT NONE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES HAVE MADE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY TO YOU REGARDING THE SUBMISSION.
6. Providing the Submission to GOL does not obligate GOL to broadcast, display, publish or otherwise transmit, disseminate, promote or use the Submission in any way or any format whatsoever for any purpose and that AB makes no claim that the Submission is appropriate for any audience or purpose.
7. GOL has the right to review and monitor any Submission and to edit, delete, reject, remove or modify, without notice to you, any Submission that GOL deems, in its sole discretion, to violate this Release or the GOL Terms and Conditions of Use, or to be unacceptable to AB, for any reason or for no reason whatsoever; provided, however, that AB will have no obligation or liability to you or any third party for failure to do so or for doing so in any particular manner. GOL also reserves the right to take down any Submission if published on a GOL website if GOL receives an appropriate notice of any claim
9. This Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by law, and you agree that if any portion of this Release is deemed invalid, the remainder will continue in full force and effect.
10. This Release will be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria State, without regard to its conflicts of law rules. For all disputes arising out of or relating to this Release or Terms and Conditions of Use, you submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Lagos state.